SAW RIGGER FROM BRAZIL

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: SAW RIGGER FROM BRAZIL

Post by MrRcFanatik on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:51 pm

grsboats wrote:First of all we can't make a simple comparision among these different hulls.Each one has its own caractheristics.I would start saying that V hulls are really good for choppy water conditions.Cats don't like too much windy conditions but well trimmed can also handle  bad water.Rigger are considered the formula one of model boating as they usually outperform monos and cats in any conditions with the same set up.In other hand they are a little bit tricky to be adjusted as they follow different running patterns.Talking about wet running areas riggers are the models  with the smallest ones so they have less drag and consequently higher performance.They don't suffer with the ground effect like cats/tunnels .This is a complex topics but in general these are the different aspects  of these classes.Thanks for your interest Gill

Ok... very neat.  In that case I think I'll steer away from riggers, seeing as most of the water around here isn't perfectly smooth!!  lol!

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 88
Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 2013-05-21
Τόπος : Canada

Back to top Go down

Post by grsboats on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:04 am

You would get a try to a small rigger....but take care to not be addicted.lol Cheers Gill

grsboats

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 41
Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRcFanatik on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:19 pm

Haha!  I might give one a go some day!  Smile

This weekend I get to put my Apache in the open water for the first time!!!!!  Whooohooo!!!  Wish me luck!  Smile

Hope you are well my friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by grsboats on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:13 am

Hey Mr Fanatik you should at least try once in your life and I sincerely wish you the best luck with your superboat....she will love waves!Cheers Gill

grsboats

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRcFanatik on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:00 pm

grsboats wrote:Hey Mr Fanatik you should at least try once in your life and I sincerely wish you the best luck with your superboat....she will love waves!Cheers Gill

Thanks Gill!!  Yeah, I should definitely try to get one someday!

SHE DOES LOVE THE WAVES!!  It was awesome!  I've just got back from vacation at a cottage up north a bit, and the boat (she's called Fanatik now!!) ran great all week long!  Few little things that I want to work on now, but it was great!

Now I'm already planning my next boat.. lol!

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by grsboats on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:45 pm

Glad to hear you enjoyed your boat.If you have a video would be nice see her.Cheers Gill

grsboats

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRcFanatik on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:08 am

grsboats wrote:Glad to hear you enjoyed your boat.If you have a video would be nice see her.Cheers Gill

Sorry man.. I don't post raw footage on my youtube channel... but I'll try to get a video with footage of her driving made soon! Smile

And thanks!  She isn't a speed demon.. but that's not what I built her for.  It goes about 20mph (or maybe more... this was an estimate!)... but the sound of the 4-stroke was amazing, and she cuts through the water so nicely!

The next boat will be a Zenoah powered Jet drive! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by milemaster on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:56 pm

i am in love with this boat of yours gill wow!!!
milemaster
Admin

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 348
Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 2013-02-27

http://rcgreeksawboats.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by grsboats on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Hey Mr Fanatik no worriies about the video..what really matters is that you're having fun..the true purpose of this hobby..Milemaster thanks again and the last version is ready for the champ in two weeks.as I had lot of requests for sell this hull there is a chance I start a small production(maybe ten boats)  mid september but I'm not sure about the cost.Keep in touch Cheers Gill

grsboats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2